App revenue: $9.25 / $99 (due: July 29)
I already wrote about this in another post, so I will keep this part short here.
YouTube: 60 / 100 subscribers
I originally had a December 5 deadline and a 1,000-hour watch time goal here, but I decided to remove both. I want to keep running YouTube the way I am now until I reach 100 subscribers. After that, I will decide what to do next.
Books finished: 33 / 50 (due: June 30) 33 / 100 (due: December 31)
I did not expect to be calling this goal a failure. I like reading books. But something has been off lately. These days, no matter what I read, my heart starts racing in a bad way, and I have a hard time focusing on the actual book. I cannot tell if the world has become more anxious, or if it is just me.
Making the goal stricter does not seem like it would help much, so I am changing the reading goal to 100 books by the end of the year.
Blog: 31 / 30 posts, 443 / 500 views (due: June 16)
Even if everything else fails, at least I reached the post goal. But I do not think I will reach the view goal. To be honest, I am not sure the views that are increasing are actually from people coming in and reading the posts. Some of them may just be from me opening posts to edit or check them. Or maybe they increase during the indexing process in Google Search Console. Either way, I think this is another goal where it makes more sense to focus on posting consistently than to keep a deadline. What if, at some point, I stop having anything to post in the little goals category? I knew that “doing something” does not guarantee “becoming something.” I still know that. But I do not know another way, so I keep living like this. My birthday is next month. I have always liked my birthday, which is what makes it terrible.
Comments
Post a Comment