- This update brings Library to iPhone and iPad, adds a one-time purchase option, and includes design refinements throughout the app.
I am writing this before the review has finished, again. The less charming part is that Sumof’s last review is still sitting there too. I checked the obvious places: agreements, account notices, tax and banking, anything that might quietly stop a review before it starts. Nothing. I cancelled the submission and sent it again, partly to see if it had fallen into some invisible stuck state. That was about a week ago. It is still waiting.
Korean developer communities have their own theory now: the review queue is slower for the flood of newly vibe-coded apps, while ordinary updates are still getting through. Maybe. I am not exactly outside that category, but Sumof is also not a first-day experiment with no history. It has been on the store for a while. It has some downloads. If that is the reason, I am not sure there is much I can do about it.
I have also seen people say organization accounts move faster than individual accounts. Mine is an organization account, so that theory has not helped much either. For now I am waiting. If the review keeps dragging on, I will contact App Review and ask what is going on. It is not a dramatic problem, but it is annoying to have it sitting there unresolved. Lately very little seems to be moving, and I am finding the world difficult to like.
I have been saying for a long time that I would bring Library to iPhone, and it is finally here. I also pulled the scattered design tokens into one system, so Requote feels a little more coherent now. Some of the slower pages should feel lighter as well. The larger change is pricing: Requote now has a one-time purchase option. I have realized that I am not a very useful reference point for app pricing. I buy apps fairly easily, so the price that feels reasonable to me may not be the price that feels reasonable to someone seeing the app for the first time. This time I lowered the monthly subscription quite a lot, removed the yearly plan, and added lifetime purchase.
For now, I have mostly given up on making money from it. What would help is the feeling that someone else is using something I made. I use Requote myself, and I use it well, but that is not quite the same thing. So maybe the social animal theory has a point.
I have been going to the gym at five in the morning. Exercise makes me more optimistic for an hour or two. Then I start wanting to drop everything and leave, and then I remember there is nowhere to go. This is why I have not been adding subtitles to my YouTube videos for a while. I knew too much of this mood would get written into them. June has been stressful, and next week is my birthday.
Comments
Post a Comment